In this letter, John S. Neel, the summer editor of the Crimson-White, the University of Alabama's student newspaper, congratulates the staff of the student-led Twilight Times on their first issue. Neel mentions in the letter how impressive it is that these students are able to produce their paper when they "are just going to school at night and holding down a regular job during the day."
The inside front cover notes, "The symbol on the cover is the signet of the University of Alabama STRIDE program. A sunburst surrounding the traditional 'A' proclaims a new era in the progress of the University."
Jemison House, also known as the Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion or the Friedman Library, built c. 1860. Italiante style. Built by Robert Jemison Jr., an Alabama and Confederate Senator, and designed by the firm of Samuel Sloan and John S. Stewart. Includes a servants house. Located at 1305 Greensboro Ave. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
The Miller House, also known as the Miller-Harrison-Laseter House, built in 1857, is a two-story house build in the shape of a Maltese Cross with three entrances and three porches. Utilizes Gothic architectural details. Located at 1601 Alaca Place, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Marmaduke-Williams House, built in 1838, also known as the Owen-Williams-Brown House. Land was once owned by the University of Alabama. Built by Thomas Owens shortly after purchasing the land. Owens moved to Aberdeen, Mississippi upon the purchase of a plantation and this house was occupied by his in-laws, the Marmaduke Williams. During the renovation project (1994-1997) in 1996, the house was the victim of arson and destroyed the interior. A previous fire 1992 had already caused considerable damage. Located at 907 17th Ave., Tuscaloosa, Alabama.