"Entrance to O'Shaughnessy Place -- Monte Sano."

Dublin Core

Identifier

loc_mshc_0000028

Title

"Entrance to O'Shaughnessy Place -- Monte Sano."

Description

The O'Shaughnessy Place, nicknamed "Castle Delight," was built in 1885 by Col. James and Lucy O'Shaughnessy. It was a two-story Queen Anne-style house with four chimneys, gas lights, water lines, and indoor plumbing. Col. O'Shaughnessy was a cotton and real estate broker, seaport and railroad developer, and co-owner of the Huntsville Hotel, Huntsville Opera House, Hotel Monte Sano, and the Monte Sano Railway and Turnpike. The house burned in March 1890 and was demolished in the 1920s.

Creator

Temporal Coverage

Source

Monte Sano Historical Collection
Box 4, Folder 30
The University of Alabama in Huntsville Archives and Special Collections, Huntsville, Alabama

Language

Rights

This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though the University of Alabama in Huntsville Archives and Special Collections has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.

Relation

loc_mshc_2018
#

Transcribe This Item

  1. loc_mshc_0000028_web.pdf

Social Bookmarking

?>