UAH Archives, Special Collections, and Digital Initiatives

Architecture notebook 41: Lane House, or Lane-Cooper House, at 511 Adams St., Huntsville, Alabama.

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

loc_jonh_008278_008325

Title

Architecture notebook 41: Lane House, or Lane-Cooper House, at 511 Adams St., Huntsville, Alabama.

Description

1834 Lane House, also known as the Lane-Cooper house, owned in 1988 by John Shaver. Federal Period house built by Dabney Wharton and the Brandon Brothers. Thomas and William Brandon were mechanics and master buildings in Huntsville, specializing in masonry. Included a winter kitchen in the basement. Located at 511 Adams St., Huntsville, Alabama.

Temporal Coverage

Source

Box 35, Folder 25
Box 36, Folders 1-4
University of Alabama in Huntsville Archives, Special Collections, and Digital Initiatives, Huntsville, Alabama

Language

Rights

This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though the University of Alabama in Huntsville Archives and Special Collections has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.

Relation

loc_jonh_2021_12

Citation

Jones, Harvie P., “Architecture notebook 41: Lane House, or Lane-Cooper House, at 511 Adams St., Huntsville, Alabama.,” UAH Archives, Special Collections, and Digital Initiatives, accessed May 23, 2024, http://libarchstor2.uah.edu/digitalcollections/items/show/9654.

Transcribe This Item

  1. loc_jonh_008278_008325.pdf