St. Mary's Catholic School, built c. 1820-1840 . Combination of Federal, Greek Revival, and Mission Revival styles due to renovations c. 1835-50, 1922, and 1950. Located on Holmes Avenue East, Huntsville, Alabama. Originally a residence before its expansion. Ben P. Hunt, grandson of John Hunt, the first settler of Huntsville for which the town was named, lived here around the turn of the 20th century.
Smith Academy, or the Davis Home, was built in 1853. A Home for Dr. Carlos G. Smith, former president of the University of Alabama, it was utilized as a school as well. Built in Greek Revival styles, Italianate architectural additions were made between 1861 and 1871. Located at 706 Adams St., Huntsville, Alabama.
Jewett Hall, originally built in 1840, destroyed by fire in 1888. Rebuilding began in 1889 and destroyed by second fire in 1947. Current building built in 1950. Colonial architecture, inspired by the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia. Located at Judson College in Marion, Alabama.
New Hope High School, built in the early twentieth century (c. 1920). Despite Harvie Jones' attempt to demonstrate the benefit of renovation, funds were unable to be raised and the school is demolished in 1975. Located in New Hope, Alabama.