Thomas-McCrary home. Brick. Built in several sections. The two-story core is the original 1824 home, with the single story additions dating from 1870. Includes a wooden smokehouse and commissary as outbuildings. Located at 356 McVille Lane in New Market, Ala.
New Market United Methodist Church, construction begun 1920, finished 1926. Colonial Revival style. The original builder was Frank Estes, but he did not complete the building. Influenced by Monticelllo in Virginia and by Palladian Villa Rotunda architecture. Located at 310 Hurricane Road, New Market, Alabama. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 14, 1990.
New Market, Alabama. Criner House, Federal style built c. 1830 and located northeast of New Market, Alabama. The house was dismantled c. 1950 by H. C. Jones Sr. and its parts used in H. C. Jones Jr.'s residence on Winchester Rd. south of New Market, Alabama. Harvie Jones is a descendent of Isaac Criner, who arrived in Madison County a few months before John Hunt in 1804 or 1805. Bank building built c. 1928, P. O. Box Office built in the late 1800s, and a Victorian style house built c. 1870-1880 on New Market Rd. and Winchester Rd. Late Gothic Revival style Presbyterian Church built c. 1888 and located at 1723 New Market Rd. The church was built by Lem Teague and added to the National Register of Historic places on August 25, 1988. McCaleb House, Queen Anne style built in the late 1800s on Deposit Rd. and demolished 1978.